Helsinki (day 7)

I worked out yesterday why I didn't like Helsinki. The city made me feel lost, even when I knew exactly where I was going... I'm glad to say today was different and for the first time, I didn't feel lost or stressed. Not once at all... Maybe because I didn't have to push my suitcase around...

Today was a pretty relaxed day. I had hot chocolate at the Fazer cafe (popular Finnish brand of chocolate), walked leisurely around the city and did a bit of shopping :) All the items you see below are uniquely Finnish (moose phone charm, Marimekko exercise book and Moomin postcard/stamp set).


And despite what I wrote about tourist attractions yesterday...

 
Tuomiokirkko (Cathedral): I didn't go inside though
I finished the day with a pleasant walk through a park beside Töölönlahti Bay (I thought it was a lake...) I feel as though Finland is a country built upon water with Helsinki by the Baltic Sea, Tampere between lake Pyhäjärvi and Näsijärvi and Turku on Aura river. I personally think it's wonderful, don't you?


Well, it's almost time to say goodbye to Finland... Goodbyes are always sad but on the bright side, Finland is super close to Sweden so I can hopefully pop over again :) If you look at the map below, you will see I've visited the three biggest cities but covered only a tiny corner of this beautiful country!

Popular Posts