to touch the unexplored

When I lived in Canberra (2013 – 2017), I'd plan trips to Melbourne or Sydney to see my fav artists. Kimbra. London Grammar. Florence + the Machine. Lorde. Laneway '14, '15 and '16.

After moving back to Melbourne, I attended fewer gigs... I was older and it too long to get home. At least two hours by public transport. (Less if the connection was good.) I saw San Mei perform via Instagram Live last year but regret not seeing her IRL in 2019.


Likewise, I've been meaning to go to the Festival of the Photocopier zine fair. But never did. I was too busy or too tired. There's always next time, I thought. Until there wasn't.

This year's Festival of the Photocopier is online. I bought zines from Jennifer Wudangerlam (my dear friend Kim Lam) and Anthea Yang. I love Love On Other Planets and Bloom so much..... exquisite inside and out, visually and poetically. You can purchase them here.

Did you feel what Icarus felt before it all melted away? What was it like to touch the unexplored?

Anthea Yang, 'Mercury' (Love On Other Planets)


Love On Other Planets by Anthea Yang

SPRING
CLEANING 1
-

shake the nightmares
from your pillow
pick flowers & immortal-
ise them
wash thoroughly

—Anthea Yang (Bloom 'expanded')

Bloom 'expanded' by Anthea Yang

Popular Posts