on milestones

Today, I write from Melbourne. Home. Where I turned 18, 21... and 25 yesterday.

When I turned 18, I'd just started uni.

All I wanted (then) was to do well in my studies and have a job lined up after graduation.

Am I where I thought I'd be when I turned 25? Am I who I thought I'd be?

.....

Seven years. Countless milestones. I could never write about it all, nor do I wish to.

I moved to Lund, Sweden and back, graduated from uni and moved to Canberra.

By the time I turned 23, I had worked for three Prime Ministers.

I met my first love and first heartbreak. I wandered the streets of New York. I wrote, changed jobs (twice), moved homes (another three times) and struggled through a second adolescence.

Soundtrack: Kate Miller-Heidke, Lykke Li, Florence + the Machine, Kimbra, Lana Del Rey...


Thank you for being with me every step of the way

and bring on the next five years xo

Comments

  1. Beautifully written, happy birthday you beautiful girl! You are an inspiration and your blog entries always make me smile. Enjoy your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Nashrah! I was lucky to celebrate my birthday not once but twice, with some of the very best people. (Perks of having two homes...) Meeting you last year was a highlight xo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts