older but younger

I've written before about old photos. Looking into a mirror, seeing an older but younger 'version' of you.

Older because that was you. Not anymore.

Yet younger. Age-wise, that is.
We turn not older with years, but new every day!
- Emily Dickinson -
2010 - Miyajima Island, Japan
2011 - Tampere, Finland
2012 - Melbourne
2013 - Canberra
2014 - New York

Each 'version' knows something the previous didn't.

Amusing but poignant. Bittersweet.

Only thing that never changes is that everything changes.

(I hope my smile never changes.)

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing Warrick. Reminds of this quote from 'The Fault in Our Stars' by John Green (highly recommend):

      "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities... But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful."

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts