a few of my favourite things (2021)

Books

I can't believe this is my NINTH yearly list. My fav books of 2021:


Online writing

I love Anthea Yang's 'Tending Joy at the End of the World', Jennifer Nguyen's poems, Natalie Linh Bolderston's 'Hungry Ghosts', Donnalyn Xu's 'Transient Feelings: Autoethnographic Vignettes on Digital Intimacy and Interiority', and these interviews/conversations:

Songs

I decided on a whim to see Wong Kar Wai's Chungking Express at ACMI and I'm glad!!! I spent an hour or so syncing Faye Wong's 夢中人 to a karaoke version. I needed to learn both the lyrics and melody.. Eventually, I found a video that combined both!


Other favourites: Griff - 'Black Hole' (it's such a bop!!!!!), Dua Lipa - 'Hallucinate' and 'Break My Heart', TRACE - 'Sucker Punch', NIKI - 'Every Summertime'.



(past lists here)

Popular Posts