3 weeks to go...

I am finding it extremely difficult to believe that just half a year ago, I was counting down the weeks until I left for exchange. The situation has now been reversed and I am counting down the weeks until I return to Melbourne.

I have been meaning to writing for weeks but things got in the way... A few days after returning from Lapland, I was off to celebrate Christmas with my friend Sara, her parents, sister and grandma (all amazingly kind) in their beautiful home built in the 1800s. Being invited to stay for two nights and genuinely made to feel at home and part of the family meant a lot to me.

With Sara, her sister and cousin
Sharing their delicious, delicious food (mmm... homemade ice-cream... best ever!), watching the traditional Disney Christmas TV program, exchanging Christmas presents (Moomin mug, yay!), going for a walk with the family dog through the Swedish countryside, playing Bezzerwizzer (Swedish trivia board game)... such happy memories and in spite of not seeing a single snowflake!
















I was back in Lund on 26 December, working hard on my Swedish Politics essay... There were only two other people on the corridor so it was unusually quiet and a little lonely but on the bright side, I had the TV all to myself! I spent New Year in Lund. Sara invited me to a dinner party she and her housemates were holding. I spent quite a bit of the evening clarifying myths about Australia which was interesting... Always fun being a bit of a novelty! We all went out to enjoy the fireworks at midnight as you can see.



I have since finished my essay (last night, actually!) which gives me time to prepare for one last bit of travelling next week (Paris > Geneva > Vienna, 10 - 17 Jan) and two farewell parties (with friends 20 Jan, my corridor 21 Jan). And between all this, I will need to fit in packing and preparing for summer :)

Gott nytt år! Happy New Year! あけましておめでとうございます!新年快乐!

Popular Posts