the year that was... (2022)

Every year since 2013, I have written an end-of-year reflection titled 'the year that was...'.

I didn't know how to write 'the year that was... (2022)', so I kept putting it off. It's February.

In 2022, I fell in love.

Something so small yet so momentous. I didn't know where to start. I still don't.

But that's okay. Perhaps it's enough just to say: I fell in love.

*

I wrote and performed 'How to Meet a Husband in Aries Season' at the Emerging Writers' Festival's Closing Night, then turned it into a small zine. (We actually met in Pisces Season.)

I continued working on 'Shades of Longing' and published excerpts I and II. It's one LONG essay, an essay that splits into several, or possibly a book-length essay. A work-in-progress.

*

In October, I visited K (AKA husband) in London and had a wonderful time~~~

I had planned/hoped to blog while overseas but I didn't. I updated Insta everyday, then stopped when we were in Scotland. I wanted that time to be just ours.

I realise now, after meeting K, that I've held back in the past. For fear of being 'too much'. Because I knew the other person didn't feel as strongly as I did and never would.

With K, I love that we are not afraid to express our love.

Our love—for each other, our families, our friendsis abundant.

I want this love: to love with abundance.


P.S. I love Ren Jiang's poem 'the password is: “Love you for 10,000 years”', particularly:

in this kind of love: i am becoming a better listener, and i

stare out the window way more now.

same song on repeat:

it’s you, it’s you, it’s you i was dreaming of

Popular Posts