From the Other Side

I'm so, so excited to finally share 'From the Other Side' !!!!!!!!!!

As much as I love print, I've always known this essay would reach a wider audience online. I've waited so long for this moment. I'm not sure what I want to say any more.

Tang Wei as Wong Chia Chi in Ang Lee's Lust, Caution (2007)

To date, I've described it as:

-     my most ambitious and longest (3700w!)

-     about many things, including becoming a writer and self-destruction vs. self-creation (ft. lipstick, NYE kisses, Lund, Avicii and Rihanna, Canberra and DIARY EXCERPTS)

-     about past selves, writing as record, self-destruction and self-creation, saying goodbye to my early twenties and finding my next phase as a writer

-     about finding and losing myself / my selves and learning how to write again.

By telling you all this (or tweeting a single quote), I fear pigeon-holing this essay. Ironically, the essay is also about my fear of being pigeon-holed.

You can read the full essay here.

Popular Posts